The Rivers State Government wish to draw the attention of the general public to the following:
(1) Oginiba Slaughter Market is no longer in existence for now.
Government warns that anybody who goes there for any form of business
will face the full wrath of the law.
(2) Oil Mill Market has been closed down. All those using Igbo-Etche
Road as an alternative illegal market are hereby warned to desist
forthwith or risk destruction of their goods.
(3) Mbiama Market has been closed down. Any attempt to continue
trading activities there will lead to the complete destruction of the
(4) Government has not approved any Goat Market along Elele/Ahoada stretch of the East-West Road.
(5) The Chairmen of Emohua and Ahoada-East Local Government Areas are
hereby directed to ensure that the illegal Goat Market along
Elele/Ahoada stretch of the East- West Road is shut down immediately.
Commissioner for Information and Communications