A Hispanic man died after developing sepsis when his fresh tattoo wound became infected from swimming in the sea.
Instead, he decided to venture into the warm waters in the Gulf of
Mexico just five days after obtaining a religious cross on his right
According to Daily Mail,But because his wound was still fresh, it became
contaminated with a flesh-eating bacteria that tore chunks out of his
skin and ultimately led to his death.
The day after he went swimming, he developed a fever, chills and a red
rash close to his tattoo, experts wrote in the BMJ Case Reports.
His condition continued to worsen over the next two days, before he was eventually admitted to hospital, they said.